Our power went out Tuesday around 5pm from the winter storm we had and later on that night our Police Chief was out moving broken tree limbs and a tree fell on him and killed him.It was a tragic day for our town to lose a really wonderful man and this is a really great loss for us.He would have been 40 next month,he would have celebrated his 20th wedding Anniversary this year and his son was graduating from High School in May.
He can never be replaced because he was an extraordinary man and he will not be forgotten.Hubby had to work today but me and Reece went to the funeral.I pretty much cried the entire time.Funerals are extremely hard for me and I was trying to talk myself out of going but Reece wanted to go and I am glad I did to honor his memory and to show support for his family and fellow officers.
Our power came back on Friday around 1-2ish.Me and Reece had gone to the mall to stay warm because our house was so cold you could see your breath and I called my grandma and her power was back on so we were going to stay there and when we came home to pack our power was on.We had to throw out most of our food.I had just bought groceries on Monday to last for 2 weeks and Tuesday the power went out:( So I did the cleanup and then went and bought some more stuff last night.They said this was the worst storm we have had in 40 years! I could go another 40 or more without another one too! Next time I will be prepared and buy a gas burning stove.Live and learn,I guess!! My aunts are still out of power and they say it could be until Tuesday before they get theirs back.
My cousin, my grandparents and us have power again though.I invited the ones without power to stay with us but they have a generator now and are doing fine and before that,they had gas heaters installed.Thanks everyone so much for your prayers!They really worked and our power came on just hours after we checked out of the motel:)Now hopefully school will be back in session Monday! Reece probably wont have a Spring Break now and my mom already booked a Condo for a week.We will get it figured out one way or another!
I woke up with puffy eyes today.Not real bad,but not good either and of course I have been crying on and off all day so far so I look pretty pitiful right now.The puffy parts are my eyelids so they look freaky.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Thankful but sad
Posted by Cin at 10:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Funerals are so awful. I hope I don't have to attend one for a very long time. I'm glad you got through it. Tears are really good, cleansing.
I'm glad you are evaluating your life too. When tragedy strikes it does the same for me. I hope you realize how wonderful you are and how lucky Reece is to have a Mom like you.
Have a beautiful weekend Cin. Take some time to pamper yourself...
How sad! And I couldn't imagine being without power in the winter...so glad it's all back on.
Sending lots of *hugs*!
Good to hear your power is back on.
I assume you are talking about the condo for the Disney Vacation? Keep your plans, even if school decides to be in session that week. Reese will be able to keep up the missing work. School has to understand people have already made their plans for the break.
There is no way you should cancel your Disney plans!
green-me too.Thank you! you are a wonderful person too.Hope you have a good weekend too.
kate-its rough,thank you,*hugs*
justfly-thank you.yes i am talking about the disney plans.i hope they are understanding about it but our schools are pretty strict.maybe everything will work out though.march will be here before we know it.
It's good to hear that the power is back on and that you all are safe and sound.
How tragic and sad. I am glad too that you went to the funeral.
Stay safe and warm.
Hey, just take Reece out of school for vacation. He can't miss that much homework.
You only live once!
Post a Comment