CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Back to normal

Here are some pics from the ice storm we had.I only took the first couple of pics without the ice because when we lost our power my camera battery was dead.The icy pics were taken by my cousin who lives about 30 minutes from me.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Reece is finally back to school today and his basketball games were all resceduled for this coming weekend instead of this past weekend because we just got our power back on Friday and some people are still without.There were still alot of schools cancelled today.

We finally got our tax forms in today so we can file those tonight.Reece read a book on the days he was off so he could stay ahead in his school work.We could have done alot more but during the times he was off he was sick and running a fever so he slept alot.Hubby got on the roof last night and put a small tarp on it and not even an hour later it started raining.I am just glad things are back to normal and we can get into our regular routine again.

Did you know that just reading 20 minutes a day for one year your child will be exposed to one million words as well as increase spelling,grammar and writing skills?Me and Reece read pretty much every night of the week.Last year "lurched" was one of his vocabulary words and I was like who ever uses that word? Then believe it or not about every single book we have read after that day has that word in it! Not all of the adult books I read do but it seems all of his do! I said I wish I had a dollar for everytime that word is published in a book because I would definitely be a millionare.

4 comments:

becomingkate said...

"Lurched" is an excellent word! I like words like "gobsmacked" and "discombobulated", and "circuitous".
Those pics are amazing!

Dani said...

Unreal! I can't believe how much ice you guys got there. Like I said, I am just glad that everyone is safe and sound.

Linda said...

OMG! I am just catching up and reading all of your entries about the terrible storm. I'm glad you all are safe but I'm sure it was very stressful and scary. Hugs!

BonnieBehave said...

Those pics look like some serious ice hit home! Jeez!

Lurched is a great word! So is elixir, loquacious, and sanguine! :)