CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to reality

Reece goes back to school tomorrow after the nice long Christmas break.Now its back to basketball games and practice and reading two books a week.We kind of got ourselves in trouble this time because he left his 2 library books at school that he was suppose to read over break.Luckily he owned one of the books and we are going to read it tonight.Nothing like waiting until the last minute.The other one is an older book though and it is not sold in local bookstores and even the library did'nt have it so we are just going to have to get it from school tomorrow and try and read it all in two days.Thats going to be hard because he has an away basketball game on Tuesday and possibly a practice on Monday.

Today we are just going to chill out at home and cook burgers on the grill and maybe watch a movie.We watched Ghost Town last night and it was really good:) I am getting my nephew a Valentine package together to mail.I got him 3 pair of superhero socks,sticker book,football and two different kinds of candies.I started getting Reece some stuff too.I may try and get him a video game as a present too.I always get Reece a Valentine "present" which is an actual present not really having to do with Valentines Day but like an I love you present which is usually a dvd or video game.I hope everyone is having a great day and I hope everyone enjoys thier first full week of the new year!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Yes, it's back to reality and my days are so messed up! You know, I remember when the boys were younger and they would give them these packets for over the break. I thought it was a break for goodness sakes! I think we dropped the ball (my new saying!) a couple of times on that, but can't remember for sure. They've always made pretty good grades. Hope you have a great day, dear! (((hugs)))

greeneyes67 said...

I always get my kids valentines presents too. It makes them feel so special. My Mom did it for us. Hope you get back into the swing of things without too much hassle. Good luck with the reading :) If anyone can do it you guys can. Love ya!!