I have been feeling like crap lately.I've been tired and worn out and achy and just having medical type issues I definitely dont want to talk about.Hopefully its just something minor and will take care of itself.
I applied for over ten jobs.Two called today but unfortunately being a stay at home,protective mother I have to be picky about what jobs I chose.I was offered a cashier position at NEA Baptist hospital in their cafeteria from 10am til 7pm.I cant do those because I have to get Reece from school at 315 and school will be out next month and theres no one to watch him from 10-7.If I chose to take him to daycare they are only open from 6-6 and hubby doesnt get home before 6.
The second person who called was from St.Bernards hospital and he told me about a housekeeping job that paid 9.60 an hour which is alot for around here.But the hours were from 330pm until midnight.That would be better except Reece isnt out of school until 315 and its a 20 minute drive,also in the summer he would have to be here alone from 3 until 7 or so when hubby got home.So those hours just dont work for us.Plus if I did those hours Reece would have to give up sports.
It sucks because I really need a job and I need to work fulltime but I need 3rd shift.I am just hoping Walmart or Walgreens calls and needs me 3rd shift.At Walmart I could just jump right in and know what to do already.It doesnt pay as much as other places but I'm not worried about pay right now.I am more worried about working the hours I need.I have worked at Walmart before and its a process and headache to get hired and actually start working but its one I can deal with and would be happy to do if they would just call me.I honestly dont even know if they are hiring at this time but I applied at all 3 of them.Whichever one calls first is the one I will do but I would rather do the one we have here in town.
I know its awful that I have to be so picky and I wish I didnt have to be but Reece is only 10 and hes still my little guy and he comes first above everything else and always will.Right now I'm not worried about pay as much as I am the right hours.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Stress,anxiety and all around ickiness
Posted by Cin at 12:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Keep being picky, the right one will come along.
Sometimes I am amazed how well my job worked out and how well it fit and still fits with my personal life.
We used to make "mom shifts" at the store - 9 am to 3 pm. I hope you find something like that soon!
Hang in there, something will come along.
Did you let Walmart know that you'd worked for them before? Their policy use to be that people who worked for them before had priority over those who hadn't.
*hugs* Good luck!
I'm not sure if I told you, but you can find me writing over here now. My permanent blog homes.
Http://www.simplywizardress.com
http://www.throughthetulips.com
http://www.littlesouthofsanity.com
*hugs* Miss you!
justfly-you have an amazing job:)
kate-thats cool:)thank u
wizard-yep it asked that on the online ap and I confirmed it.Thats good to know!Thank you.miss u too.
Post a Comment