CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I miss you

I miss all you gals so much! I want you to know your all very important to me and I think of you often.I think of you all as "Super Women" like the actual kind with superpowers and I look up to you all in different ways.

Reeces last day of school was today,finally.It seemed neverending the past month with me working and picking him up everyday.My son will be a 6th grader next year.6th and 7th grades scare me because I know those were my roughest years ever.Maybe things will be different for him.

He had 4 As,3 Bs and 1 C and I am very proud of him for working so hard.He got a pendant for getting chosen to be in the spelling bee this year and he got an award in reading and social studies:) I didnt know he was getting any of those so it was a wonderful surprise and I actually made it to his school in time to see him recieve them:) (well not the pendant but the two certificates)

Work is still rough but its getting easier.We get trucks in 3 days a week and the first one is the hardest which comes on Thursdays and after working hard all night then the very next night we get another one.Then on Saturdays its an easy night and then we get another one on Sunday.Fridays are always the hardest for me because I am still not rested up from Thursday yet.

I am glad school is out and I am hoping now I can get more sleep and get to see Reece more too:) I kind of sleep in bursts of 3 hours here and there sometimes..Its not the night shift that bothers me,I just have trouble sleeping and always have.I went to the doc last week and he told me Ambien and all the major advertised sleeping meds were not good for me and you can only take those 3 nights a week at most so he gave me something I could take everynight and would be safe.It says on the label its for anxiety and insomnia.But of course,I dont really notice them doing anything for me.Medicenes dont work on me like they do normal people.

Somedays I think they work a little and some days they just dont work at all.So I take them off and on.Well thats pretty much all thats been going on with me.Just work and sleep.I try and watch movies on my days off and just veg out and eat ice cream and rest.Since I work in frozen foods I get to see all the ice cream flavors and we have tons of them in all brands! So I sample different ones on my days off:)~ I would have to say my favorite brand of ice cream is Blue Bunny.They just have some good quality ice cream! My favorite flavors of theirs are Turtle Sundae,Peanut Butter Cookie and Banana Split.I havent tried the one called Bunny Tracks yet but I know we sell a ton of it and I am sure its good.This week I am trying Breyers.One carton is split with half chocolate and half vanilla bean and the other carton I got is coffee ice cream.They are all good but I still prefer the Blue Bunny brand.

LOL..my life is just so exciting anymore I tell ya! :)~ Well guess thats it for now! Reece will be 11 on July 9th.Not sure what we are doing yet but he doesnt want to have a party.I think he wants to go out to eat with family and maybe do a little something like go swimming or to a movie or something.I pay Reece an allowance every week now.Before it was to pick up after himself,help me with light cleaning,have all his homework done before I woke up,keep his grades up and keep quiet while mommy is sleeping.Hes done an excellent job and I pay him $20 a week.We get paid every week now and so does Reece.Now that schools out his job he has more responsibilties with cleaning and fixing meals for himself and staying quiet for longer cause he will be home all day now.So I am going to continue to pay him.

He has $90 now.I asked him if hes going to buy a Playstation 3 or a Wii or some new video games or something and he said no hes saving it all to buy him a car:) You can get a drivers permit here when your 14 so he could possibly buy a car for himself in just 3 years but he cant get a job until hes 16.He has his whole life planned out on paper now.I just found a notebook today while doing a thorough cleaning of his room and he wrote that he wanted to work at Subway at 16,then go to college at ASU here in Arkansas and become a 7th grade English teacher and writer.Then later on in life he also wanted to go to UCLA and become a movie director!!! WOW:)

5 comments:

NoWay said...

Nice for you to leave us an update.
You have a good son there Cin, you deserve all the credit for that. Wow, on having his life planned out. Impressive.
Now you make me want to go out and get ice cream!
I hope you get some good sleeping in...

becomingkate said...

Planning a car already! Time is going to fly by from now on. It seems like Em was just 10, but she turned 12 last month.

I hope the Friday shifts get easier! *hugs*

Linda said...

I think it's cool that Reese has his ambitions planned. They say if you write it down you are more likely to make it happen.

I hope you are able to get some rest now that school is out. we have one more week...it would have been this week but we have to make up for snow days. Miss you!

Cin said...

justfly-thank you,you should treat yourself to some good ice cream:)

kate-time goes by too fast!thank you,*hugs*

linda-cool:) we had to make up a couple of snow days too which is unusual for us.

Wizardress said...

It's so great to hear from you. I've been kind of scarce myself, but I miss you!!! *hugs*